Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A healthy alternative to regular dough, especially for those with a gluten intolerance.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian spice
- 1 cup (80 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 large eggs
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Place cauliflower florets into the Vitamix container and fill with water until the florets float above the blades. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Turn machine on and off to Pulse 8 to 10 times, until cauliflower has the texture of sand.
- Drain cauliflower and wring out extra moisture with a towel, as much as humanly possible.
- Place in a bowl and add the red pepper flakes, Italian spice, cheese, chia seed, and eggs. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Spray perforated pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread cauliflower mixture out the pan. Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add desired toppings to pizza crust and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Cauliflower Pizza Crust is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Joss from Good Concept Bad Recipe I just recently purchased the Vitamix 750 Heritage. I originally followed the recipe step by step adding a small amount of water so the cauliflower would float above the blades... this turned my cauliflower into mashed cauliflower in a matter of seconds... not the sand like texture it was supposed to have. So I tried again the following day, this time adding NO water but otherwise following the recipie pretty closely... I left the pizza in for 20 mins before toppings and 20 minutes after toppings... my pizza was still mush when I went to serve it :( this can possibly be adjusted by leaving it in much longer but I don't think I'll be trying this recipe again.
Date published: 2016-12-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Justine from Vitamix worked great!! I made this, worrying that it wouldn't turn out because of the only posted review. But, it worked great. Prepared the cauliflower with the VM, as the recipe instructed. Then, did some alterations to the recipe.....only had one egg, and used about 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and about 1/4 c grated parm. I will use this recipe again. Will add some basil or some other different spices next time. Think this would be a great crust for a Chicken Alfredo pizza!!
Date published: 2016-12-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Geoffrey from Yum! My wife and I make this on an almost weekly basis. It's great. We make some minor alterations, but just have fun with it!
Date published: 2017-06-06
What can you substitute for eggs in recipe?
Any egg substitute should work.
Date published: 2016-12-08
Great looking recipe! I am also dairy free; do you think I could substitute nutritional yeast for the Parmesan cheese?
Yes you can.
Date published: 2016-04-07