Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
The distinct flavors of butternut squash and coconut are enhanced when creating this hot, decadent soup in your Vitamix machine.
- 4 cups (1.3 kg) butternut squash, uncooked, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 chives
- ¾ inch (2 cm) green chili pepper
- 1 carrot, halved
- ¾ cup (150 ml) coconut milk
- 2½ cup (600 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch saffron
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush the squash with olive oil and place it face down on a tin foil or parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out the squash flesh and put it into the Vitamix container along with the remaining ingredients and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|